Copyright Licensing

From April 2015 the DfE have provided ten national licences for all schools and pupil referral units. They are:

  1. Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI)
  2. Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA)
  3. Education Recording Agency (ERA)
  4. Mechanical Copyright Protection Society (MCPS)
  5. Motion Picture Licensing Company (MPLC)
  6. Newspaper Licensing Authority (NLA)
  7. Performing Rights Society (PRS)
  8. Phonographic Performance Ltd (PPL)
  9. Public Video Screening Licence (PVSL) also known as Filmbank Distributors Ltd
  10. Schools Printed Music Licence (SPML)

The PRS and PPL licences are no longer arranged through the local authority and schools will not receive a direct charge or be contacted directly by any of the agencies relating to the ten national licences regarding their purchase.


Department for Education information