North Yorkshire County Music Service has been appointed the lead organisation, by the Department for Education and Arts Council for England, to run the North Yorkshire Music Hub.
The Music Hub aims to promote musical excellence in the County, by working with schools and some of the best respected music and arts organisations including NYMAZ (North Yorkshire Music Action Zone), Live Music Now and the Voices Foundation.
Music Hub Core Activities
- First Access via Wider Opportunities whole class music instrumental lessons for all Key Stage 2 pupils, being provided
- Support with Subject Specific Ofsted inspection for Music
- Progression routes - small group and individual lessons
- Ensemble opportunities within schools at the 6 Music Centres
- Singing Strategy - to promote singing within schools and offering choir and vocal ensemble opportunities led by Cathy Roberts (Education Development Adviser: Creative and Performing Arts)
- Extension role - CPD for school staff, particularly to help with the delivery of curriculum Music
- Instrumental loan scheme
- Access to large scale / high quality music experiences for pupils, via professional musicians / venues - County Ensembles (Orchestra, Wind Bands and Choir residential courses), large scale projects such as the two Wreck of the Titanic performances involving 300+ pupils from Ryedale and Harrogate areas. Involvement through Music Centres in Regional / National heats of the National Festival for Youth Music, concerts at the Sage, Leeds Town Hall, Scarborough Spa.
- Partnership working with organisations such as NYMAZ, Live Music Now, Northern Chamber Orchestra, including local music organisations and events. There are Regional Hub meetings to prompt partnership working and local links
Further information can be provided by the team using the contact details below.
The Hub's strategic partners are:
Music service administrative office
Tel: 01609 532783
Head of instrumental music service
Tel: 01609 532790