NYHR are part of North Yorkshire Education Services.
NYHR are forward-thinking, education HR specialists, providing support to over 430 educational establishments in the North of England. Human Resources can be a complex area with regular changes to employment and education law which impact on staff matters. The team has a breadth of experience in HR related issues in the Education sector. NYHR is committed to providing schools, academies and other educational settings with a high quality and professional HR service. We aim to provide excellent customer service and value for money.
In light of our proactive response to the rapidly changing education sector, NYHR was announced as the winner in the categories of Commercialism in HR and Best Social Media Campaign at the PPMA Awards in 2018. NYHR was also shortlisted in the categories of Excellence in Public Service HR Award and HR Impact Award in 2018 and has been shortlisted for HR Team of the Year in 2019.
- Casework such as discipline, grievance and performance management, including attendance at hearings and appeals
- Change management processes, including advice on the production of consultation materials and attendance at consultation meetings with trade unions
- Child protection allegations against staff, including the option to commission independent investigations
- Specialist support on pay and reward including the application and maintenance of job evaluation, input into any national pay negotiations and the application and management of local pay negotiations
- Support in preparing for Employment Tribunals, in liaison with Legal Services (where Legal Services are bought by the school)
- Conditions of service in accordance with DfE guidance and local and national agreements
- *Subject to fair usage.
Bespoke HR Support
We are also able to offer support on a commissioned basis to both our existing clients and new clients. More information about this can be found in the link below. Bringing in our expert support leaves you free to focus on your core business of improving educational outcomes for children.
Intensive Support Packages
When intensive support is required by schools and other organisations within the wider education sector, NYHR can offer a package suitable for your needs. We work with individual settings, multi academy trusts, teaching school alliances, clusters and collaborations. Our packages leave you free to focus on your core business of improving educational outcomes for children. Whatever the circumstances, when you need extra HR support we can help.
If you subscribe to our service you will see additional pages in the left hand navigation.
We publish regular newsletters and updates which are available to subscribers on our News and Upcoming Events page.
NYHR Hotline (Mon-Thu 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-4.30pm)
Tel: 01609 798343
Head of HR - CYPS
Tel: 01609 533302
Head of HR (Commercial)
Tel: 01609 535117
Principal HR Adviser
Tel: 01609 532164
Principal HR Adviser
Tel: 01609 533220