We are seeing a national increase in the prevalence of Children and Young People with Mental Health issues and although provisions for Children and Young People's Social and Emotional Mental Health have expanded sometimes professionals, young people and their families can find it hard to access the right support.
There are a number of different services available across North Yorkshire to support children and young people’s mental health.
These include services commissioned by NHS North Yorkshire CCG, services commissioned by North Yorkshire Council and services provided by the voluntary and community sector and the private sector.
Visit The Go-To Website: www.thegoto.org.uk the home of wellbeing and mental health for young people in North Yorkshire for further information.
Useful Websites and Links
- Bradford District Care Trust (BDCT) CAMHS (Craven) http://www.bdct.nhs.uk/services/child-adolescent-mental-health-camhs/
- Tees Esk and Wear Valley (TEWV) Mental Health Trust CAMHS (Hambleton, Richmondshire, Ryedale/Scarborough and Harrogate)- About Specialist CAMHS in North Yorkshire - The Go-To | Mental Health (thegoto.org.uk)
- Early Help - NYSCP (safeguardingchildren.co.uk)
- Compass Phoenix - North Yorkshire (Compass Phoenix) (formerly BUZZ and REACH) - Compass (compass-uk.org)
- Mental Health Support Teams Craven - Mental Health Support team - BDCT
- Mental Health Support Teams North Yorkshire (excluding Craven) - Wellbeing in Mind school support service for children and young people in North Yorkshire - Tees Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust (tewv.nhs.uk)
- Healthy Child Programme 0-19 Healthy Child Service | North Yorkshire Council
- Childline - www.childline.org.uk
- Marketplace – Mini Marketplace - The Go-To (thegoto.org.uk) – overview of services across North Yorkshire supporting Children and Young Peoples Social and Emotional Mental Health
- Needs based Guidance – Needs-based-guidance-for-Social-and-Emotional-Mental-Health-SEMH-for-Children-and-Young-People-in-North-Yorkshire.-.pdf (thegoto.org.uk) For professionals working with Children and Young People
- Young persons guide to Mental Health Support - Young-Persons-Resource.pdf (thegoto.org.uk)
- Local transformation plans: Follow the link here for the October 2021 update.