The Financial Management Services to Schools Team offers a range of school business management support services for North Yorkshire schools to be able to access.
There are two different service options:
1. The Business Management and Networking in Schools Service
The Business Management and Networking in Schools Service is designed to provide school staff, headteachers and governors with ease of access to resources, to facilitate networking and sharing of skills, knowledge and expertise, and to be able to access continuing professional development activities on a local basis. This low cost subscription service offers the following to subscriber schools:
- A school to school e-mail networking group
- Bespoke 'themed' school business management training and workshop programme facilitation
- A maintained mentors register of experienced school staff willing to share their skills, knowledge and experience. Mentoring support could include induction support, work shadowing opportunities and support in development projects.
- A maintained on-line resources database, the Resources Centre *
- A monthly grant funding update.
* A summary list of the policies is available within the Resources Centre. Schools subscribing to the Business Management and Networking in Schools Service can access the policy documents and supporting information by logging into the Resource Centre for the Service.
2. The Traded School Business Management Service
The Traded School Business Management offers on-site school business management support to schools which purchase bursar services from the FMS Team. The types of task which can be undertaken by the service include:
- Management of procurement processes
- Ensuring best value is received through proactive contract management
- Project management and co-ordination
- Preparation of bids for external funding
- Reviewing, updating and developing non-curriculum policies
- Review and management of employee contracts and personnel records
- Facilitation of HR processes e.g. recruitment, performance management, absence management etc.
- Liaison with other school support services
- Liaison with the Clerk to Governors to with regard to agendas and information provision.
If you would like any further information on the School Business Management Traded Services offered by the Financial Management Services to Schools Team please contact either:
Sally Dunn, FMS Team Manager (email@example.com or tel. 01609 532308) or
Lynda Player, FMS Support Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01609 532203)