The information on this web page is aimed at Governing Bodies, Headteachers and Designated Senior Persons with responsibility for child protection in schools and education settings. The link is to the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Board Child Protection procedures. The documents provide advice and guidance to help schools/settings to fulfil the statutory requirement to "safeguard & promote the welfare of children who are pupils at the school."
These documents will assist Governing Bodies/Headteachers in ensuring that the relevant policies & procedures are in place:
- Induction Pack for Headteacher/Designated Senior Person for Child Protection
- Sample School Child Protection Policy - Appendix 1 - updated November 2017
- Safeguarding Checklist
- Safe Working Practice
These documents will assist the Headteacher/DSP in managing concerns where a child is at risk of harm:
- Advice & Referral: Useful contacts
- School CP recording & monitoring form
- Referral Form to Children's Social Care or Disabled Children's Service - Universal Referral Form
- Child Protection Conference proformas & documentation
- Please note: All external websites open in a new browser window and NYCC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- Child protection conferences procedures [new window]
North Yorkshire LSCB procedures about child protection conferences
Tel: 01609 532477 Ext: 2477