Schools are required to have a long term financial forecast and to review and update their budget plan on a regular basis. They are also required to submit a copy of this forecast to the Local Authority at the start of the financial year and also again during the Autumn term each year. The FMS Team has worked with software developers to produce a bespoke web based solution to assist schools in North Yorkshire with their financial planning and the reporting of these plans. The software assists with the calculation of the main school budget elements related to staffing, resource allocation and other income and expenditure areas. The software also provides functionality to schools to undertake their budget monitoring process.
The FMS Team have worked with software developers to produce a bespoke web based software solution to enable schools to produce an accurate financial plan over a 3-5 year period.
- The web based functionality of the Budget Planning Software (BPS) enables users to work from any location with an internet connection and the FMS Team can provide support along side a user or remotely.
- The BPS software calculates the major budget components (Staffing, Resource Allocation and Other Income and Expenditure) and brings them together to form a financial plan. The software allows users to create models and 'what ifs' and a Quick Calculator provides an instant costing facility.
- The BPS software also enables users to monitor their spending against their submitted budget.
- Guidance notes on the use of the BPS are available and updated on a regular basis to reflect new developments and year end procedures.
- Reports from the software are designed to aid Governors in understanding current and future financial positions and include graph options.
If you have forgotten your password please contact either Paul Lambert on 01609 532312 who will be able to reset your password for you.