This section contains information on aspects of school improvement including information about the Commission for School Improvement, our "Closing the Gap" initiative, work with Teaching School Alliances and our Strategy for School Improvement.
The North Yorkshire Children and Young People's Plan "Young and Yorkshire" sets out an ambitious vision for improving the lives of young people. Within the Education and Skills Service, the School Improvement Service has a key role working in partnership with schools and settings schools and settings to deliver the first key priority of the plan to "ensure that education is our greatest liberator". The service also works with partners within and beyond the Children and Young People's Service across all three priorities.
The priorities for the School Improvement Service are to ensure that:
- A greater proportion of pupils attend a good or outstanding school or setting
- Life chances for children are improved through better educational outcomes in early years, primary and secondary education, including those of vulnerable children
- Vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils are helped to close the attainment gap between themselves and others
The Children and Young People's Plan for All Children, Young People and their Families Living in North Yorkshire. The plan sets out our vision and priorities for 2014-17
Consultation on School Improvement Strategy and Meeting structures
- Please note: All external websites open in a new browser window and NYCC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- Educational outcomes at North Yorkshire schools [new window]
DfE school performance information
- Ofsted inspection reports [new window]
Search for Ofsted inspection reports relating to North Yorkshire schools