Recruiting young people into your workforce can bring many benefits, not least the opportunity to train your staff for the future as a means of succession planning.
The Government has had a national agenda to increase the number of apprenticeships in the UK, providing vocational options for young people to train in a work based setting whilst earning. In 2017 the Apprenticeship Levy will be introduced and NYCC including LA maintained schools will need to contribute financially towards this. To ensure a return on investment Schools can recruit apprentices as a means of gaining subsidised training.
This section provides an overview of Apprenticeships and things to consider prior to and during recruitment of apprentices. There is also information includes about Graduate recruitment and Work Experience.
For further information about Apprenticeships, Graduate Recruitment or Work Experience please contact the Resourcing Solutions Team on 01609 535585.
- Appendix A - School Managers Guidance
- Appendix B - Feasibility Checklist for an Apprenticeship Opportunity
- Appendix C - Request for an Apprenticeship
- Appendix D - Apprenticeship Agreement NYCC
- Appendix E - Schools Vacancy Media Order Form - Nov 2017
- Appendix F - Commitment Statement
- Appendix G - Learning Hours Record